Saturday, March 15, 2008


When you sit down to watch the Food City 500 in Bristol tomorrow afternoon, take a moment to reflect on the great career of Dale Jarrett. After 23 years, 32 cup wins, including 3 Daytona 500s, and the 1999 Winston Cup Championship, Dale will hand over the keys to the number 44 UPS Toyota to David Reutimann.

Let me be one of the many to say ‘Thanks Dale!’. Dale Jarrett has always been a class act and a leader in the garage and he will be missed. Racings loss, however, is ABC/ESPNs gain, and watching the 'Sharpie 170' today reminded me that we have a lot to look forward to.

Best of luck Dale!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, what a great blog and some great stuff about DJ!!!! - Dave Exum/Boston Herald

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave for the kind words... I've enjoyed your NASCAR coverage over the years, its nice that you hapened across my new blog! I added you as a link to my main page...

Mark a.k.a. nh_nascarfan

http://jetdryer.blogspot.com/